Senior Software Engineer (Kubernetes)
Location : Dallas, TX
This is a hybrid role, based in G-Research’s office in Dallas
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role is based in G-Research’s office in Dallas. Opened in 2022, the Dallas office is a key infrastructure hub where we work on the latest technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
Armada is a multi-kubernetes-cluster batch job meta-scheduler, built and maintained by the Armada team at G-Research, which executes millions of batch jobs on Kubernetes.
The Armada team, which is part of our Platform as a Service (PaaS) function, is seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our expanding global team in Dallas.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of experience with software engineering/development, as well as experience managing large-scale infrastructure and complex tooling environments.
You will have an active interest in new technologies, such as Kubernetes and batch computing, experience aligned to industry best practice, and a desire for continuous self-learning.
You will require a range of technology experience, be adaptable and have a desire to work across the various needs of the business, using modern techniques and approaches to problem solving.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of GO development, including designing, building, debugging and optimising GO applications
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience working with Kubernetes and containers
- Exposure to general development practices, such as source code management and binary, and dependency management using tools such as Git, Github and Artifactory
- Familiarity working with CI/CD Pipelines and orchestration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo and ArgoCD
- Experience working with either relational or non-relational databases, or message bus systems like Apache Kafka or Apache Pulsar
- Exposure to design implications for highly scalable, highly available and globally distributed systems
- Experience with DevOps tools, from design and development through to CI/CD and operation
- A strong desire to continually learn about new technologies, approaches and systems, as well as the ability to work across multiple disciplines
- Desire to explore and discover technical solutions for evolving opportunities
- Willingness to learn by working with users across different business areas, experiences and cultures to drive towards the best outcome for the organisation
The following skills and experiences are beneficial, but not essential:
- Some exposure to an additional (or scripted) language, such as Python or Java
- Use of operational / runtime tools and practices, including monitoring and logging with systems such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Exposure to cloud technologies, such as Terraform, TFE and OpenStack
- Experience communicating strategy and socializing change to a wide and disparate audience
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Excellent paid time off allowance
- Sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 12-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
- Generous relocation allowance and support
- Great selection of office snacks, and hot and cold drinks
- On-site gym and car park
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply