UI Software Engineer
Location : Stamford, CT
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are committed to finding the world's best Engineers, and take the hiring of this type of talent very seriously. As a UI Software Engineer, you will support the build, implementation and ongoing development of the organisation's Treasury capability.
Our UIs are written using Angular with Typescript, supported by a server-side platform built using C# .NET Core running on Kubernetes. We utilise modern web, distributed and big data technologies, meaning we have a broad range of software engineering challenges for the right person.
This is an opportunity to be part of our journey to build a world-leading software engineering practice. We are working hard to embed a continuous improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation, striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry.
This role will suit an Engineer who is looking to contribute to the operational success of a leading quantitative finance research firm by creating well-designed and efficient user interfaces, ranging from reports and charting for senior management, to interactive tooling for daily operational activities.
Examples of projects that the team are working on include:
- Developing a Treasury dashboard to bring together the financial data required to manage the daily cash flows, financing, inventory, margin management and excess capital
- Creating a plug-and-play architecture for onboarding new data sets for reporting and data investigation, including saving and sharing user preferences, data drill down, charting and alerting
- Building interactive tooling to enable trade entry, cash transfer approvals, reconciliation of margin and financing calculations
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Front end experience using Typescript with Angular, React or similar
- An appreciation of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals, data structures and CI/CD
- A genuine interest in software technology
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn about the Treasury space within quantitative finance, and engineering skills to support its continual development within the business
- Financial knowledge is beneficial, but this is not a requirement
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Excellent paid time off allowance
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Parental leave
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Substantial relocation allowance and support
- Great selection of office snacks, and hot and cold drinks
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply