Data Vendor Analyst
Location : London
Do you want to tackle the biggest questions in finance with near infinite compute power at your fingertips?
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology firm, with offices in London and Dallas. We are proud to employ some of the best people in their field and to nurture their talent in a dynamic, flexible and highly stimulating culture where world-beating ideas are cultivated and rewarded.
This is based in our new Soho Place office – opened in 2023 - in the heart of Central London and home to our Research Lab.
Data Vendor Analysts at G-Research are integral in co-ordinating the life cycle of numerous diverse data sets as they progress through the trial and on-boarding process.
The Datapack Research and Delivery team sits at the forefront of the company's data strategy, responsible for finding solutions to some of the many important data challenges within the firm, providing a unique opportunity to make an impact from the beginning.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with industry leading data scientists and financial experts and developing solutions that adapt to a rapidly changing data landscape.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Researching and identifying potential new data sources, including vendors, financial databases, and open data repositories
- Evaluating the relevance, quality, and reliability of data sources for quantitative analysis
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with data vendors, fostering collaboration and communication
- Monitoring vendor performance, ensuring data feeds meet our quality and timing requirements
- Designing and implementing a robust categorisation framework for financial data, considering the specific needs of our quantitative analysis team
- Collaborating with data scientists and analysts to understand data categorisation requirements and priorities
- Working closely with data vendors to rectify data anomalies, errors, or inconsistencies
- Maintaining documentation of data quality standards and procedures
- Assisting the Data Engineering team in integrating acquired data into our data infrastructure
- Collaborating to ensure seamless data flow and accessibility for research and analysis
- Monitoring and optimising data pipelines for efficiency and reliability
- Documenting data sources, categorisation methodologies, and quality control procedures for reference
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A background in finance, economics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field; CFA/FRM Qualification is desirable
- Proven experience in trading and investment data analysis, or a similar role within Finance
- Experience in managing vendor relationships and contract negotiations, coupled with a strong knowledge of financial instruments, markets, and data sources
- An analytical mind set, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Attention to detail and commitment to data integrity
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as Python, is preferred
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools, such as Tableau, is a plus
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply