Network Operations Engineer
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Network Operations team is responsible for G-Research’s global network, covering office, data centre, and co-location. As such, it has a major impact on the optimisation of our company performance.
Within the team there is a strong “Infrastructure as Code” philosophy and commitment to introducing the next generation of applications and distributed platforms to the business.
Alongside core monitoring and support tasks, the team plays a critical role in many high-profile company projects, with team members responsible for delivering technical designs that are developed by the Network Engineering team across the estate.
As a Network Operations Engineer, you will be involved in day-to-day support, predictive analysis and troubleshooting the network infrastructure.
The role also requires close interaction with Infrastructure, Datacentre and other Operations teams, giving broad exposure to a variety of enterprise products and technologies.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring the health of the network infrastructure, using polling and monitoring and analysis tools
- Reacting to alerts and providing resolutions to major incidents
- Investigating hardware and software problems and working with manufacturer support teams to resolve issues
- Reporting and troubleshooting network connectivity to third parties, and WAN connectivity outages and issues with our partners
- Completing support tickets, and network audits, to ensure compliance with standards
Who are we looking for?
The role will suit someone who has a real interest in predictive network analysis, automation, and complex enterprise break/fix network repair.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a CCNA and may be studying or holding a CCNP
- Proficient in creating and running network automation tools, with experience using Python preferable
- Familiar with Ansible/AWX for network automation
- Skilled in mentoring other team members, and committed to knowledge sharing across the team for skills development and collaboration
- Knowledgeable around complex switching and routing concepts
- Highly organised, motivated and excellent at problem solving
- Passionate and enthusiastic about ensuring the team continues to meet the high standards of performance expected of it
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply