Location : Dallas, TX
Do you want to tackle the biggest questions in finance with near infinite compute power at your fingertips?
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology firm, with offices in London and Dallas. We are proud to employ some of the best people in their field and to nurture their talent in a dynamic, flexible and highly stimulating culture where world-beating ideas are cultivated and rewarded.
This is a hybrid role based in our new Dallas infrastructure hub where we work on the latest technologies in a cutting-edge environment.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Platform Services team. The team provides tooling to maintain and develop the smooth running of a Trading and Research Platform, which enables the wider business to leverage it to its full potential.
Whilst C# is the teams’ primary language of choice, we pride ourselves on selecting the right tool to fit the job and therefore our technology stack is continuously evaluated and updated.
You will take control of the direction of your projects and will regularly interact with professionals within diverse areas of the Platform function, as well as the rest of the business. You will also act as a positive example to other members of Platform Services in Dallas, encouraging them to expand their knowledge, capabilities, approaches to solving complex problems and improve the quality of their code.
- Building the integrity monitoring and alerting tool for a Trading and Research Platform
- Buildin the inventory service for a Trading and Research Platform, automating data quality checks and aggregation of CMDB data
- Building and maintaining the software tools to automate provisioning of hardware within our Trading and Research Platform
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment, developing full-stack web applications with an emphasis on solid software engineering principles
- Building and maintaining tooling and services related to the company’s service discovery platform
Who are we looking for?
You will be passionate about software engineering and have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- The ability to hold the team accountable for maintaining effective software engineering practises and helping them to avoid the creation of unnecessary technical debt
- A proven ability to engineer high-quality software in C#
- An appreciation of good software architecture, clean code and automated testing
- Solid computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Experience of agile methodologies and a familiarity with retrospectives and continuous improvement processes
- A keen interest in applying continuous integration/delivery principles
Desirable skills and knowledge
- The ability to balance complexity and simplicity in the solutions you devise
- Experience with containers and cloud-native technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes and Prometheus
- Experience with messaging frameworks, such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Exposure to CMDB or inventory solutions
- Experience working in sprint cycles and sizing work items to match this cadence
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Excellent paid time off allowance of 25 days
- Sick days, military leave, and family and medical leave
- Generous 401(k) plan
- 16-weeks’ fully paid parental leave
- Medical and Prescription, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness programs
- Generous relocation allowance and support
- Great selection of office snacks, and hot and cold drinks
- On-site gym and car park
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply