Head of Treasury Engineering
Location : Stamford, CT
Do you want to tackle the biggest questions in finance with near infinite compute power at your fingertips?
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology firm. We are proud to employ some of the best people in their field and to nurture their talent in a dynamic, flexible and highly stimulating culture where world-beating ideas are cultivated and rewarded.
The Risk and Financial Technology (RaFT) Function is seeking a passionate Engineering Leader to run and develop its Treasury Engineering team.
The RaFT Function is responsible for providing a world-class platform to enable G-Research and our customer to make the best possible, risk, operational and investment decisions. RaFT uses the latest technology to develop software that can provide our business users with actionable insights that have a real impact on the bottom line of the business.
The Treasury Engineering team is responsible for building technology to enable our customer’s Treasury team to scale up and provide world-class Treasury capability, globally. The role will provide leadership to the team in Stamford CT, reporting into the functional lead for RaFT.
You will be a passionate leader with a genuine desire and proven ability to develop high-performing teams and individuals, aligned to industry best-practices. You will nurture an inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere, as well as support team members' growth.
This role is ideally suited to an Engineering Leader who is keen to work closely with stakeholders, and to enable their team to produce outstanding, measurable solutions for the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Delivering the team's goals, working closely with the Treasury team
- Communicating with a wide range of senior stakeholders across the business
- Building meaningful relationships with your direct reports, understanding what motivates them and how to get the best out of them
- Building meaningful relationships with the team's customers, within the rest of Engineering, Research and beyond
- Working with our Architecture function to deliver towards our architectural principles
- Working with other managers in the Function to ensure the team follows best engineering practices, balancing quality and delivery
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience within Treasury Functions
- Excellent technical background in software development and relevant technologies, such as cloud computing
- Experience integrating software with 3rd-party SaaS tools
- People management skills, setting the example for inspirational leadership, alongside excellent communication and customer relationship management skills
- A growth mindset and desire to achieve the team's goals
- The ability to balance multiple work streams
Why should you apply?
- Market-leading compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Excellent paid time off allowance
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Parental leave
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Substantial relocation allowance and support
- Great selection of office snacks, and hot and cold drinks
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply