Network Operations Analyst - 12-month placement
Location : London
Do you want to tackle the biggest questions in finance with near infinite compute power at your fingertips?
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology firm, with offices in London and Dallas. We are proud to employ some of the best people in their field and to nurture their talent in a dynamic, flexible and highly stimulating culture where world-beating ideas are cultivated and rewarded.
This is a hybrid role based in our new Soho Place office – opened in 2023 - in the heart of Central London and home to our Research Lab.
12-month placement programme starting on the 15th July 2024
09:00-17:30 working hours
Based in Central London
G-Research is seeking a Network Operations Analyst to join its Colo Infrastructure team, which is responsible for maintaining a global low latency network.
You will be responsible for monitoring and supporting the network and its related applications, and will work closely with other engineering teams., giving you excellent exposure to the wider Engineering function within G-Research.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the latest enterprise and low latency network infrastructure, with a big focus on automation.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring the health of the network infrastructure
- Reacting to alerts and helping to resolve major incidents
- Investigating hardware and software problems and working with manufacturer support teams to resolve issues
- Reporting and troubleshooting network connectivity issues with third parties and service providers
- Completing support tickets and change requests
- Implementing new interconnects across the network
- Developing and improving monitoring and management tools using a mix of proprietary platforms, such as Arista Cloud Vision, and open-source tools, such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Automating tasks using a variety of tools and languages, including Python, Ansible, Git or Jenkins
Who are we looking for?
The role will suit someone who has a real interest in Networks and applying computing concepts and their skills to solve real problems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Currently studying a sandwich degree in a relevant subject, or working towards a CCNA/Network+ qualification
- Highly organised and motivated
- Knowledgeable around basic switching and routing concepts
- A strong problem solver, with a willingness to learn and the ability to help the team meet the high standards of performance expected of it
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply