This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data G-Research (referred to as “our”, “us” and “we” in this notice) may collect about you when you interact with us and this website, including where you apply for a job with us. G-Research is the data controller of any personal data you provide to us, including in relation to this website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW WE USE IT
We will collect and use your personal data in the following ways:
Information relating to your use of this website
The types of personal data G-Research collects from your use of the website include the following:
- questions, queries or feedback you submit, including your name and email address if you send us an email;
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used; and
G-Research uses your personal data for the purposes of maintaining and improving this website. We collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for G-Research’s legitimate interests of operating this website and understanding how people use our website and engage with our content to develop our website and inform our marketing strategy.
Recruitment and Marketing
The types of personal data collected during the recruitment process and for marketing purposes include the following (as applicable):
- if you apply for a position with G-Research, information that you provide as part of, or that is generated as a result of, the application process such as contact information, information relating to your employment, education and professional certifications, government issued ID or similar identifiers, job preferences, background checks. This information may be collected from you during the interview/text process or from your CV and application documents, from referrals or recruitment partners or other job websites, from references and from the consideration of information from publicly available sources (e.g. Linkedin); and
- details that you submit as part of any marketing activity being run by or in connection with G-Research (including your submission and any contact details you provide) which is collected from you. Marketing activity includes registering for events, talks, competitions, challenges and newsletters (or similar publications).
G-Research uses your personal data for the purposes of managing recruitment-related activities and for organisational planning purposes globally. If you apply for a position with G-Research, G-Research will also use your information to administer the recruitment process (for example, in order to evaluate and select candidates, set up interviews and tests and review test results). G-Research may also use your personal data to proactively reach out to you in respect of future career opportunities that may interest you.
The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for G-Research’s legitimate interests of organising its recruitment and marketing processes and operating any competition or challenge offered by G-Research.
If you are a supplier, customer, or otherwise have a commercial relationship with G-Research, we collect your contact details, correspondence that you send and other information about you that you, or your organisation, provide as part of day-to-day business relations.
The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for G-Research’s legitimate interests of pursuing and managing day-to-day commercial relationships.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
G-Research has multiple affiliated entities in various countries and uses resources located throughout the world. G-Research may from time-to-time use third parties to act on G-Research’s behalf, for example, to provide services. You agree that your personal data may be transferred, disclosed to and/or used by any entity within G-Research’s group and/or third parties acting on G-Research’s behalf. You also agree that your information may be transferred, stored and used outside the country where you provided it, including countries outside the UK or the European Economic Area (such as the US) (“Third Countries”). Any transfers will comply with all data protection laws.
If you apply for a position with G-Research:
- G-Research uses Workday, Inc., a third party human capital management platform provider, and Greenhouse Software, Inc. and Beamery Limited which are third party recruitment tools, to collect and store details of your application (including the information and documents you submit and recruitment process status). This may involve transfer of your personal data to Third Countries. G-Research has in place Information Commissioner’s Office-approved contracts (or EU equivalent) to justify such transfers.
- If you reach the final interview stage, you will be required to provide documents to verify your identity and address as this information is legally required to enable background checks to take place. If you do not get offered (or do not accept) a role with the company, this information will be promptly deleted.
- If you accept an offer of employment with the company, your name, email address and a copy of documents provided to verify your identity and address will be shared with the company’s background screening service provider for the legitimate interests of ensuring that prospective staff meet the company’s security standards and comply with their terms of employment.
In addition, G-Research may process your personal information for legal reasons (for example, if there is a legal obligation to share it with a regulator or law enforcement agency).
You have the right to request access to, information about, restriction of processing of, or deletion or correction of, your personal data that G-Research holds. In certain circumstances, you also have a right to object to the processing of your personal data based on the legal basis of legitimate interests, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another organisation. Where your consent is relied upon to justify processing, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If you would like to request to exercise these rights, or for more information about how G-Research uses your personal information, please contact G-Research by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you apply for a position with G-Research or use this website, you confirm that all information you provide is accurate and that you have the right to provide us with any and all information that you submit.
For data protection purposes, the ‘data controller’ of your personal data is Trenchant Employee Services Limited, an affiliate of Trenchant Limited. G-Research’s Data Protection Officer is Chris MacCallum. If you would like to contact him, please email email@example.com.
If you have any complaints about how G-Research uses your data, please raise any concerns directly with us. If you are unsatisfied with our response, you may contact the UK’s data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
G-Research will not store your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes outlined above. If you apply for but do not get offered (or do not accept) a role with G-Research, we will retain your application details for a period of up to five years for statistical and record-keeping purposes and to consider you for – and notify you of – future vacancies that may be of interest. If however you do not wish us to retain your data for those purposes, please email us at RecruitmentTeam@gresearch.com.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk. We have appropriate procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it, whether over the internet or otherwise.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
This website may contain content and links to third-party websites that are not owned, operated, or controlled by G-Research. G-Research is not responsible for the privacy practices of or the content displayed on such third-party websites. When engaging with G-Research’s content on or through a third-party social networking website, plug-in, or application, G-Research may process personal data associated with your social media account.